Looking after the health and wellbeing of our staff has always been our number one priority. We’ve done everything we can over the last six months to make sure our team is safe and secure so that we can continue to support our clients on their projects.
We’ve adapted our working practices for our office staff as well as our manufacturing, delivery and installation teams, in line with the latest government regulations to limit the spread of COVID-19. By making these changes we’ve been able to keep working steadily and safely to support our clients throughout lockdown. We’re keeping a close eye on the situation and are ready to make further alterations to our working practices should government regulations change in the future.
Just some of the measures we’ve introduced include:
- The majority of our office-based staff (including our estimating and design teams) are now back in the office following several months of working from home. We’ve spaced our workstations out and installed markers on the floors and around desks to ensure staff adhere to social distancing rules.
- We’ve installed fixed hand sanitiser stations in eight locations around the office and we’ve also issued personal desk sanitisers for every desk space, all of which are labelled for each staff member’s own personal use.
- Anti-bacterial wipes have been placed in various strategic locations around copy points and tea point areas for wiping down between use by different staff members and we’ve implemented a thorough extra daily cleaning regime.
- Our large manufacturing facility is split between several different buildings which makes social distancing on the factory floor easier to manage. We’ve put up information posters, introduced one-way systems and installed floor markers throughout the factory to remind staff to keep social distancing.
- We’ve installed hand-sanitising stations throughout our factory site and introduced extra cleaning procedures for machinery and equipment which are used by multiple members of staff.
- Our delivery teams have been issued with personal hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial wipes to keep vans and cabs clean.
- We carry out extensive risk assessments through our health and safety consultant on every project and will only send our team to work on sites which are adhering to COVID-secure guidelines.
It’s not just the physical health of our staff that’s important – their mental health and wellbeing is also paramount. During lockdown when the majority of the company was working remotely from home, we set up a dedicated WhatsApp group for the whole team to keep in touch as we would in the office. Our director Phillip Gay also spoke to every member of the Cre8 team on a weekly basis throughout lockdown to check in on how they were doing one-on-one and reassure them if they had any concerns. As a result, we’re now stronger than ever as a team.
If there’s one thing we pride ourselves on it’s our ability to adapt to different challenges and this year has certainly thrown a lot of those our way. But we’ve done what we always do – tackled them head on. We’ve been here to support our clients throughout and ensure our projects remained on track as much as possible despite ever-changing guidelines.
With our extended factory now fully operational, we have increased capacity to take on more projects in the coming months. If you’ve got a project in mind, get in touch with the team and see how we can work together.